7.06.2013

Scratch Off Tickets for Students

I've seen these fun scratch off tickets on Pinterest before. Cute idea that I will do one day. Okay, that's pretty much what I think about all my pins. Cute. Love it. Will do it one day. 

A teacher on summer break actually does have extra time to try those fun things. Some of them. Not all of them. 

I saw this idea again presented on the blog Young Teacher Love. I decided to give it a try. 

You can follow any directions you find, but I will give you my tips of what worked well and what didn't. I now know what to do next time to make these easier. There will be a next time because they are cute and fun. I made some extras for the family to scratch off. It was cool!

My Tips!

*Instead of copying the tickets off onto regular paper and then gluing them onto cardstock, just copy them onto cardstock in the first place.

*Instead of covering the ticket in the scratch box area with contact paper, you can use packaging tape. Works great! 

*Make sure your silver paint is really silvery looking. My family thought mine looked goldish instead. 

*You can use any dish soap, however if you use green apple scent (like I first tired) it will slightly tint your silver paint. I later used some dish soap I have that's almost clear looking. 

*Okay, this is huge. It took me five coats of paint before I couldn't see what was under the scratch off area. Five coats! What I discovered was that if I used a font that was really light looking in the scratch off area then I probably would have only needed two coats of paint. It's okay to have a thick and darker font up top on the ticket, but I would suggest doing a super light one in the scratch off area so that it covers with less coats of paint.





Our school theme this upcoming year is WE DELIVER...When students are caught doing that this year in my class, they will have a chance to pick a ticket and scratch it off to see what they have won. Just one chance/ticket during the year. My husband is doing Happy Birthday ones and letting his students pick one out on their birthday. Here are some of the things we put for them to win.

*A Soda
*Sit in the teacher's chair for the day (that would be at their own desk, not at my desk)
*Take your shoes off today (they have to put them back on each time they leave the classroom)
*Pick Two Treats
*You and a friend get to eat lunch in the classroom

The list could be endless for whatever your kids would really love. Extra recess? Free homework pass? Write with a pen for the day? You can also call it whatever you want and use it however you'd like. Fun and easy to personalize for your students.

Use your summer to create. Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment